I have a very simple reasoning on that topic.
- As a morally perfect being, God did not make man for the law but the law for man
- Hence there is no arbitrary command.
- A committed lifelong homosexual relationship is neither harmful for the individual nor for society
- Homosexuals who have to constantly repress their basic sexual feelings and regard them as sinful are suffering a horrific ordeal.
- God would not issue a command that causes unnecessary suffering and does not serve anyone.
- Thus, lifelong gay marriage should be recognised by the Church as something not evil but normal
Of course, one of the implication might be to give up Biblical inerrancy.
But if someone disagrees with the conclusion, I’d be happy to know where he or she thinks I’m wrong.
Thematic list of ALL posts on this blog (regularly updated)